The launch of the new BAJA ATZP3 tyre heralds a new breed of all-terrain tyre by combining unique design elements, technology and engineering. This unique combination allows the tyre to cross between being an all-terrain and a mud terrain tyre. You get grip and performance when you need it while retaining remarkable on-road traction and low noise characteristics to get you down the road in comfort.
How does the ATZP3 deliver responsiveness off & on-road then morph from an all-terrain into a mud terrain tyre for extreme traction and strength off-road?
- Modern Beefy tread blocks with specially designed shoulders deliver more bite and a wider footprint for optimum traction no matter where you’re driving.
- Deeper Aggressive SideBiters, inspired by Mickey original design take the punishment to reduce sidewall damage as well as provide extra grip off-road.
- All sizes feature PowerPlyTM 3-ply sidewall construction, strengthening the sidewall of the tyre and offering a more responsive ride.
These commitments to continue innovating mean the ATZP3 now gives new meaning to the all-terrain tyre designation. Upgrades to the ATZP3’s other key features also help deliver other critical benefits:
- Superb overall performance: New T4 compound featuring a high-silica, reinforced tread cap-stock provides greatly improved cut-and-chip resistance, wet traction and superb overall performance.
- Improved cut-n-chip resistance: Tread Element Edge ‘Chamfers’, Bevelled Edges on the tread elements reduce stone retention and improve cut-n-chip resistance.
- More traction, even wear: Beefy Tread Elements with a large surface area provide more traction & even wear for both on and off-road performance.
- Quieter Ride: An innovative shoulder design reduces noise frequency, allowing for a quiet ride and even wear.
- Off & On Road Traction and self-cleaning: Wide Open Lateral and Offset Circumferential Grooves, provide biting edges for excellent off-road traction and self-cleaning while on-road water is cleared quickly.
- Stone Ejector Ribs to help reduce stone retention and drilling resistance.
- Additional off-road traction and protection: An enhanced sidewall and upper sidewall design provide a rugged appearance and additional off-road traction as well as further protection against lug tearing.
- Off-road traction in boggy conditions: Self-Cleaning, alternating Scalloped Shoulder Lugs help provide additional off-road traction in soft or boggy conditions.
- Performance for the life of the tread: Carefully placed ultra-thin sipes help reduce stone retention and aid in cut-n-chip resistance maintaining all season performance for the life of the tread.
It’s not hard to see why the new ATZP3 won a SEMA Global Media award in 2012 before the tyre had even gone on sale.
“This is one of the most progressive all-terrain tyres Mickey Thompson has engineered”, stated Brad Smith, Australian Mickey Thompson Brand Manager. “The innovative design and adoption of some of the latest tyre technology, round this product out to be a tyre that will represent the absolute latest in radial tyre design, that has clearly been designed around the four-wheel-drive enthusiast looking for a great combination of off-road performance and on-road manners.”
The ATZP3 will slowly replace the ATZ 4-rib and will be available through authorised Mickey Thompson dealers throughout Australia, in 20 speciality and traditional sizes ranging from 15 to 20inch rim diameters.
For more information please visit our website or call 1300 MICKEY.